Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Rapid Application Development with Flex

This is probably an issue with how I program and my unframiliarity with Flex. I'm going through a serious of small tweaks and error trapping on a widget. Normally when I'm doing web development I naturally do a Shift->Refresh in the browser to clear the cache. This wasn't flushing the local cache in Firefox 3.0b5. I was expecting a reload of the flash object and reload of the web service XML. This wasn't occurring causing some undue gray hairs. I'm injecting a timestamp in the GET request to avoid caching of the GET request, so that shouldn't be the issue.

How I got around the issue was to disable the Net monitoring in Firebug and then re-enabling. This setting change seemed to force a reload of everything on the page.

I'm guessing I am missing something obvious?

No comments: