Thursday, May 29, 2008

Flex 3 on Ubuntu Hardy (8.04)

Finally found a post that got Flex 3 to work on Ubuntu Hardy Heron, the post is located here.

A couple of additional points or issues that I ran into:
  • I ran without sudo and received an ominous warning to read a flash player notice in the application directory. The file highlighted the fact that the system might not utilize the debug version of Flash. Figuring I was going to have an issue I removed everything and ran the install using sudo. Running as sudo caused some other issues to crop up. I went back and re-ran as a normal user, tested and everything was fine.
  • Starting Eclipse caused an error window to display, "Could not initialize the applications security component...", the fix can be found here (in short manually create a directory ./mozilla/eclipse).
  • The Eclipse download location mentioned inthe article can be found here.

No comments: