Monday, May 19, 2008

Flexing

I spent the day developing in Flex. It's always fun and challenging working in a new environment. Of course I'm under an extremely tight deadline so it's learn as I go trying to create a relatively simple widget. I'll post again when the widget has been released for public consumption.

Some resources that I ran across in my Flex adventure are listed below. Of course given more time in using Flex these observations might be trivial:
  • Installing the environment on Ubuntu, click here.
  • Apparently the getUrl() to goto a URL is something new in ActionScript 3, click here for an example.
  • This article provided good insight into ActionScript3 for those with programming experience.
The Flex framework is a blast to pick up and learn.

Adobe Air seems like a great technology in bringing web principles to the desktop. I recently started using Twhirl (Adobe Air desktop app for Twitter), great simple functionality utilizing Adobe Air.

No comments: